SUBMIT YOUR RESUME/CV
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE AMLC
The Music Modernization Act (MMA) requires creation of the Mechanical Licensing Collective (MLC); a non-profit entity charged with ensuring (among other things):
• All songwriters and composers in the world are paid their U.S. streaming mechanical royalties
• The creation and maintainenance of a public musical works database,
• A blanket license is provided to U.S. digital streaming services
• A process is created to resolve “conflicts”
REQUIREMENTS TO SERVE ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The MMA requires the MLC to have a 14-person voting board of directors
• Ten of the voting members “shall be representatives of music publishers”
• Four the voting members shall be “professional” self-published songwriters
These 14 people must have the skill, insight, experience and knowledge to oversee, govern and achieve the goals assigned to the MLC. In addition, it’s important that they do not significantly benefit by being eligible to receive unpaid royalties based on their market share.
The AMLC has filled nine of its 14-member board seats. It is now seeking to fill the balance with qualified people who not only meet the requirements of the MMA, but who have the necessary technical, business and financial knowledge and skills to execute, as well. Board seats should be assigned based on skill not on politics.
To be considered for the AMLC board of directors please send your CV or resume to:
You can view the current sitting nine board members here: https://www.songrights.net/partners/
You can view our guiding principals and goals here: https://www.songrights.net/why-us/
We intend to announce our full board by February 28th, 2019.